Aadhar card mobile number update – how to change mobile number in aadhaar (2022): Hello friends, if you have come to our website to know how to change the mobile number on your Aadhaar card, then you have come to the right place. Today I have discussed some simple methods to change the mobile number on an Aadhaar card, with help of which you can change the mobile number on an Aadhaar card. So friends, let’s start today’s article, you must stay connected with us till the end.
- 1 What is an Aadhaar Card?
- 2 how to change mobile number in Aadhaar card – aadhar card mobile number update
- 3 How can your aadhar card mobile number update offline?
- 4 How do I schedule an Aadhaar appointment online?
- 5 How to Check Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Linking Status Online
- 6 How do you change photos on your Aadhaar card?
- 7 Steps to Change the Aadhaar Card Photo
- 8 Steps to Download the Aadhaar Card after Photo Change
- 9 How to Enrol for a BAAL Aadhaar Card?
- 10 How to Download an Aadhaar Card?
- 11 How to Update/Edit the Aadhaar Card?
- 12 Things to Remember when Updating the Aadhaar
- 13 How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Online
- 14 Online linking of Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number
- 15 Advantages of Linking Mobile Numbers with Aadhaar Cards
- 16 Conclusion
What is an Aadhaar Card?
An Aadhaar card is a unique identification number issued to each and every citizen of the country. It is one of the most important documents to be submitted for a significant number of purposes. The Aadhaar card works as a proof of identity and hence, is mandatory for Indian citizens to have one. Anyone who fails to submit an Aadhaar card or does not carry it can restrict him/her from several activities.
The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit identification issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This unique number is created by combining a person’s biometric details, such as fingerprints and iris scans, with demographic information such as address and date of birth.
- The Aadhaar card number is one-of-a-kind, which eliminates duplication and fake identification
- It can be used to access a variety of government-run welfare schemes and programs
- The Aadhaar card prompts transparency
how to change mobile number in Aadhaar card – aadhar card mobile number update
A 12-digit number called Aadhaar is now required for many services and document verification. Practically all government and official operations call for an Aadhaar card. Aadhaar is now required to establish a new bank account, get a driver’s license, passport, ration card, buy a car, or get a SIM card. Private and sensitive information, including name, registered cellphone number, DOB, home address, and many other things, are contained on the Aadhaar card. Users are frequently urged by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to review the personal data on their Aadhaar cards and registered mobile phones.
You can easily modify or add a new mobile number to your Aadhaar card now that the UIDAI portal has more functionality. By giving Aadhaar holders the option to update or link their phone numbers online or offline, UIDAI has streamlined the procedure. This article will explain how to update or change your mobile number.
All these documents are required to update the mobile number in the Aadhaar card
- Aadhaar Card
- New mobile phone number
- Aadhaar Amendment Form
- No documented proof is required
- Computer or Smartphone (Online Mode)
- Appointment Slip Aadhaar Center (Offline Mode)
How can a mobile number be updated online? The steps you should take are as follows:
Step 1: To change the mobile number, go to the UIDAI web portal.
Step 2: Type the captcha in the appropriate areas after entering the phone number you want to update.
Step 3: Select “Send OTP” and put the OTP that was texted to your phone number.
Step 4: Now select “Submit OTP and Proceed.”
Step 5: The following screen will display a drop-down selection labeled “Online Aadhaar Services.” On the one you want to update, click. To update the mobile number, select that option and then enter the appropriate information.
Step 6: A new page will open after the mobile number has been entered. You must now enter a captcha. Your number will receive an OTP as a result of this. Click “Save and Proceed” after you have confirmed the OTP.
Step 7: Make an online appointment and travel to the closest Aadhaar center.
Step 8: The database will be updated with your current mobile number within 90 days.
How can your aadhar card mobile number update offline?
Step 1: Go to the neighborhood Aadhaar center.
Step 2: Complete the Aadhaar center’s update form.
Step 3: Send an executive your request at this point.
Step 4: Include an Rs. 50 fee with your application form.
Step 5: An acknowledgment receipt with a URN number will be sent by Aadhar Executive. Using the URN, you can monitor the process.
Step 6: Your mobile number will be modified in the Aadhaar database within 90 days.
How do I schedule an Aadhaar appointment online?
For new Aadhaar enrolment and updates/corrections of name, address, mobile number, email, date of birth, gender, and biometrics, you can book an appointment online. Also, you can book appointments with this for how to change your mobile number on your Aadhaar Card. In order to do so,
- Select ‘Book Appointment’ from the My Aadhaar menu on the UIDAI website.
- To schedule an appointment, select City/Location and then ‘Proceed.’
- Enter your mobile phone number as well as the captcha code.
- You will receive an OTP on your phone, which you must submit along with your Aadhaar details.
- Fill in your personal details and choose your preferred date and time.
- You will then be given a booking appointment number. That concludes our discussion.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Linking Status Online
You don’t know if your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar, so how do you know if you have linked your Aadhaar card or not? Here are two ways you can check to find out:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on “Verify an Aadhaar Number” listed under Aadhaar Services
- Enter your Aadhaar number and captcha code and click “Proceed And Verify Aadhaar” to know if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar.
- On the UIDAI website, click on “Verify Email/Mobile Number” under the Aadhaar Services section.
- Select Verify Mobile Number and enter your Aadhaar number, mobile number, and captcha code.
- Click on “Send OTP” to know if your mobile number is verified with UIDAI records or not.
How do you change photos on your Aadhaar card?
According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), a photograph must be provided when you apply for an Aadhaar Card. In case you wish to change the photograph, you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Steps to Change the Aadhaar Card Photo
Biometric updates such as photographs and fingerprints cannot be changed online. You will need to visit the Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre to make the changes. The procedure to change the Aadhaar Card photo offline is mentioned below:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre. You can find the nearest center by Locating an Enrollment center.
- Collect the Aadhaar enrolment form. You can also download the form by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
- Fill in the relevant details on the form.
- Provide the form and give the biometric details.
- The executive will take a photograph of you.
- The biometric details will need to be provided for approval.
- A fee of Rs.100 will need to be paid to update the Biometrics details on the Aadhaar.
- An acknowledgment slip will be provided to you with an Update Request Number (URN) mentioned on it. You can check the status of your request by using the URN.
No documents will need to be provided to update the photograph on the Aadhaar Card. It may take up to 90 days for the request to be processed.
Steps to Download the Aadhaar Card after Photo Change
The step-by-step procedure to download the Aadhaar Card after the photo is changed is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/get-aadhaar.html
Step 2: Click on ‘Download Aadhaar‘.
Step 3: On the next page, enter the Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID, or Virtual ID.
Step 4: Enter the captcha and click on ‘Send OTP‘.
Step 5: Next, enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 6: Follow the steps on the next page to download the Aadhaar Card. You will also have the option to print the Aadhaar.
How to Enrol for a BAAL Aadhaar Card?
BAAL Aadhaar card is issued to children below 5 years of age. It is blue in color and does not require child biometrics. To enroll for BAAL Aadhaar Card follow the following instructions-
- Visit the official UIDAI website to locate the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center
- Fill out the Aadhaar application form with all of the necessary information
- A child’s photograph will be required, however, there is no need to submit the child’s biometrics
- Submit all relevant documents, such as the child’s birth certificate. It is necessary to submit one of the parents’ Aadhaar numbers for authentication
- Collect the acknowledgment slip after submitting your documents
- A verification message will be sent to the parent’s registered mobile number
- The Baal Aadhaar card will be mailed to the specified address
How to Download an Aadhaar Card?
An applicant can download the Aadhaar card if he does not get a physical copy of it. Below are the steps to download Aadhaar Card-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘Download AADHAR’ under the section ‘My Aadhaar’
- Upon clicking the download button, you will be redirected to a new page with three options to choose from
- Enter your Aadhaar number, enrolment ID, or virtual ID
- Enter captcha code
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ or enter ‘TOTP’ to download your Aadhaar card
By following the steps given above, you can download your Aadhaar card.
How to Update/Edit the Aadhaar Card?
We usually update our Aadhaar card, if our Aadhaar card has mistakes in name, date of birth, gender, address, etc., and biometric Aadhaar data reasons.
A user can update or edit their Aadhaar card online or by visiting an Aadhaar enrollment center. There are some steps to update/edit your Aadhaar card online you need to follow these steps to update your Aadhaar card. The steps are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Locate ‘Update Your Aadhaar’ under the section ‘My Aadhaar’
- Click on ‘Update Demographic Data Online’ (if you would like to make a change in name, date of birth, gender, etc)
- Click on ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’
- Enter 12 digit Aadhaar number, enter the captcha and click on ‘send OTP’
- You will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number
- Follow the instructions afterward to update/edit your Aadhaar
Things to Remember when Updating the Aadhaar
While updating the Aadhaar form online or offline, it is essential to pay close attention to every detail. Following are some points to keep in mind while filling the Aadhaar form, which I have discussed below, of course, the following points are to be kept in mind while updating the Aadhaar card.
- Fill out the Aadhaar application form in capital letters
- Do not use salutations such as Mr., Mrs., or Miss before the name
- Mention the mobile number that is currently in use
- Include all relevant and up-to-date information
- Add all the relevant documents. Do not submit expired documents. It may result in the rejection of your application
- Fill in the complete address where your Aadhaar card will be delivered
- Fill out the Aadhaar application form in either English or your native language
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Online
Don’t know how to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number online, don’t worry, today in this post I am going to discuss step by step process to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number online. Be sure to read our post till the end.
Linking the mobile number to Aadhaar for the first time (Offline method)
Unfortunately, this process cannot be done online. You need to visit the nearest Aadhaar center. Next, follow the steps below to know what you need to do:
- Collect the Aadhaar update form from the nearest center.
- Enter the accurate information along with your mobile number. Alternatively, you can also download the form from the UIDAI website.
- Mention on the form that only your phone number needs to be updated. Submit it to the concerned office along with a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and one photo ID proof such as your PAN card, voter id, passport, etc.
- The next step will be the verification of your thumb impression and biometrics. It will be matched with the ones recorded during the Aadhaar application process.
- The officer will give you an acknowledgment slip. You can expect the update to take place within five days. However, it could take up to 10 days per the UIDAI website.
- You can track the status of your Aadhaar update using the Update Request Number (URN) provided in the acknowledgment slip.
Here is a guide to linking your Aadhaar card with your mobile number online without going to Aadhaar Seva Kendra:
- Go to the Indian Postal Service website link https://www.indiapost.gov.in/.
- Enter details- your name, address, Pincode, mobile number, and email address.
- Under ‘Service’, choose ‘PPB- Aadhaar Service’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar linking/update’.
- Once you fill in all the necessary fields, click on the ‘Request OTP’ button.
- Next, enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Now click on ‘Confirm Service Request’. You will receive a Reference Number using which you can track your application status.
- The service request will be sent to the post office near you on successful submission.
- The verification process will be done by an officer assigned the task. The officer will visit your address and verify using a mobile biometric device (For iris, fingerprints, and photographs).
- They will complete the update/linking process and charge you a fee for the service.
Advantages of Linking Mobile Numbers with Aadhaar Cards
You should link your Aadhaar with your mobile number to avail of the following services:
- Aadhaar-related facilities on the UIDAI website
- Online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) to update address details
- To avail of all online services related to Aadhaar.
- To download your Aadhaar card online.
- Use the mAadhaar app and avail of various Aadhaar services using your mobile phone.
How many days does it take to add a new mobile number to Aadhaar Card?
Friends, it takes about 48 to 72 hours to link a new mobile number to an Aadhaar card. However, we tell you that within one to two days, a new mobile number is linked to the Aadhaar card, but there is no fixed time limit for this, so it may go back.
How much to pay to change the mobile number of the Aadhaar card?
For information, we tell you that the mobile number registration or correction charge in the Aadhaar card is 50 rupees by UIDAI, which is the government charge.
How many times can I change my Aadhaar card mobile?
You can change your Aadhaar card number as many times as you want, UIDAI has not put any limit on it yet.
How to add mobile number to Aadhaar card online without OTP?
Friends, some such people search on the internet, change the Aadhaar card mobile number online without OTP, then say that without OTP one is not possible, you can’t change the mobile number in an Aadhaar card.
Hello friends, I have discussed in this article how to change a mobile number in an Aadhaar card, also how to change photos, update an Aadhaar card, download an Aadhaar card, and link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number.
I hope you have read and understood our post by the end. Bookmark our website techyindia.com to get information about Aadhaar Card more new links and updates. Thank you very much for sticking with us till the end.